Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students credit card full review
Are you a student in need of a credit card? If so, the Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students credit card can help you out. Read our review to learn more!
by Sabrina Paes
Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students credit card: get incredible rewards for no annual fee
Do you already know the Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students credit card? It’s the ideal option for you who are starting in life and need to build a credit score for your routine.
With the credit card rewards, you can get an unlimited cashback of up to 3% on restaurants and 1% cash back on other purchases. Amazing, Huh? Capital One’s credit card offers:
- Credit Score: Fair
- Annual Fee: $0
- Regular APR: 16.49% – 26.49% for purchases (variable)
- Welcome bonus: Limited offer of $100 cash back after spending $100 on purchases in three months from your account opening
- Rewards: 8% cashback on tickets purchased through the Vivid Seat platform, 5% on hotels and car rentals through Capital One Travel, unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, streaming services, and at grocery stores, and 1% cash back for other purchases
How does Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students card work?
The Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students card is a model to meet the main needs of students who have low credit limits and need to build a history.
However, the cashback package gets 8% on tickets purchased exclusively through the Vivid Seat platform.
Furthermore, get 5% on hotels and car rentals through Capital One Travel, and 3% on restaurants, streaming services, or grocery stores.
You can choose to receive by check, PayPal, gift card, or statement credit, in any amount and date.
Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students card pros and cons
Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students card is a great option for anyone starting their financial life and need assistance and low fees on a card.
In addition, it facilitates cashback by encouraging the use of the card. Check out the pros and cons of this student card.
- This card has low associated fees, meaning you don’t have to worry about annual fees or fees for foreign transactions;
- Potential to reach high limits after 6 months of use even without a perfect credit history;
- Great and unlimited bonuses with a 3% cashback rate for food and 1% for other types of necessary purchases;
- Regardless of the lifetime of the account, rewards earned are not lost;
- Offers welcome bonus for new users of $100 after purchases made totaling over $100 on purchases in three months from your account opening.
- High-interest rate. If you don’t pay attention, your card bills can get out of hand;
- Low basic rewards rate, contemplating a 3% cashback only in specific cases. On other purchases, the refund is only 1%;
- No advance spending bonus like some other student cards.
Does my credit score need to be good?
To apply for the Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students card, you do not need to have a great credit history, just a fair level. Capital One classifies someone at the fair level when they have:
- history of non-payment of the loan in the last 5 years;
- limited credit history;
- credit card or other credit less than 3 years old (including students, people new to the US, or authorized users on someone else’s credit card);
Want to apply for Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students card?
To apply for the Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students card, you can carry out a prior credit analysis, filling in your legal name and MI. If you are pre-approved, the process goes faster.
You also have the option of starting your application manually.
Want to know more and start your application? Check out our post below and join the Capital One SavorOne Rewards for Students credit card team.
How to save money on groceries during inflation
Inflation can have a serious impact on your finances if you're not prepared. Learn some tips on how to save money during these times.Keep Reading
Applying for the Journey Student Card from Capital One: learn how!
Want 1% cashback and increase the limit after 6 months of use? Then learn how to apply for Journey Student Card from Capital One.Keep Reading
You may also like
Applying for the HSBC Premier Checking Account: learn how
Find out what you need to know before applying for an HSBC Premier checking account, and learn how to apply online.Keep Reading
One Finance hybrid account review: read before applying
Check our One Finance Hybrid Account review to learn about the unique benefits and features this account has to offer! Read more now.Keep Reading