Discover it® Student Cash Back Card full review
Want good rewards for shopping as a student? Our Discover it® Student Cash Back Card review can be very interesting for you. Check it out!
Discover it® Student Cash Back Card: Up to 5% cashback and no annual fee
Every student needs a good credit card with attractive rewards. In this sense, this Discover it® Student Cash Back Card review will show you a great card option to solve your financial life.
Like other options, the Discover it® Student Cash Back Card has a zero annual fee and 0% initial APR for purchases for 6 months.
In addition, it has very interesting cashback for purchases in general. Want to know more? Keep reading!
- Credit Score: Fair to good (580 to 740);
- Annual Fee: $0;
- Regular APR: 0% intro APR for purchases for 6 months from the date of account opening. Then, 15.99% – 24.99% variable APR for purchases;
- Welcome bonus: Dollar-for-dollar cash-back matching you earn at the end of your first year;
- Rewards: 5% cash back on quarterly revolving purchases after activation and 1% on other purchases made with the card.
How does the Discover it® Student Cash Back Card work?
This Discover it® Student Cash Back Card review will help you better understand how this option works. In that sense, this card is an excellent choice for students who like and need rewards.
You can apply with a credit score above 580 and being a US citizen and student. After approval, you have between 1 to 5% cashback and report the good use of the card to credit agencies.
You will be redirected to another website
Discover it® Student Cash Back Card pros and cons
Discover it® Student Cash Back can be an excellent option for anyone who likes a good reward. However, managing these rewards can be tricky. See what the pros and cons of this option are.
- The company offers an introductory 0% APR for the first few months. This kind of intro is rare on student cards;
- Good rewards for students;
- No annuity;
- Reasonable APR rates for students after initial 0% introduction;
- Constant reporting to the three main credit agencies to improve the credit score.
- Limited acceptance in a territory outside the United States;
- Tracking cashback revolving bonuses can be tricky to understand and manage;
- It is not an option to consider for international students in the United States, residents only.
Does my credit score need to be good?
As you saw in this Discover it® Student Cash Back Card review, you don’t need an excellent credit score to apply. After all, you can already apply for this card with a score of 580.
As such, you may qualify for the benefits of this card with a reasonable credit history.
However, it is important not to have a bad score, as your chances decrease and interest rates increase. Or the request may be denied.
Want to apply for the Discover it® Student Cash Back Card?
This Discover it® Student Cash Back Card review shows that this option can be very interesting. After all, you guarantee a card without having an excellent credit score and still have great cashback.
However, to increase the chances of approval, you need to know how to apply correctly. So, check out this post that we separated to help you understand the steps to be approved.
About the author / Sabrina Paes
Qtrade Investing brokerage platform full review
Qtrade Investing is a brokerage platform which offers you both a mobile and a web-based application, and the best customer service.Keep Reading
OppLoans review: is it worth it?
Find out if OppLoans is the right solution for you in this comprehensive review. Pay $0 origination fee! Fast application process!Keep Reading
You may also like
Build credit with confidence: Pelican Pledge Visa Review
Looking for an affordable secured card to build your credit? See our Pelican Pledge Visa review and learn how it stacks up. Read on!Keep Reading
Is it possible to make money during a bear market?
Learn about the opportunities that exist in a bear market and how you can take advantage of them to grow your portfolio long-term.Keep Reading